As admins, we expect our awesome team to help and support fellow admins and moderators. The moderators can manage the groups, however, we need the support from our fellow admins to help the team itself!
Admins mainly work in the background, such as sharing our fan page posts, interacting on our page, etc. We also help provide support/encouragement to our moderator team!
We firmly believe family comes first. We understand you need time off. Whether you need a mental health break or dealing with other personal matters, we understand!
Please give us the courtesy with a “heads up” that you will be unavailable for the specified time. Just post a quick post in our admin group. It’s that easy.
Kindness and respect
As an Admin, it is important for us to uphold the group’s rule of being kind and respectful. This rule includes the Admin team.
At times Mods and Admins will need to comment and interact with members in the groups. These interactions can often be difficult. It is the job of the Admin team to quell any negativity quickly and as peacefully as possible. Arguments with members in the public groups and on the public fan page (and other network public pages) is to be avoided.
Aim to be positive in the groups, it is the individual Admin’s responsibility to help maintain a positive, friendly, and communicative Admin team. We enjoy a team that will engage with each other in a positive and friendly manner and speak up with any concerns that may arise. We may not always agree on our own subjective opinions, but it is important for us to see the objective needs of the group.
Supporting fellow admins
Go beyond. Ask if we need help with anything.
If we ask for input/advice/help — jump in and offer your two cents! We are asking you for a reason.
We aim for the Admin team to be a team of fun, positive engagement. As well as a team to rely on.
Supporting the moderator team
As admins, it’s okay to take a step back from approving posts and monitoring keywords.
Instead, you can help with:
- Visiting the moderator group to see if anyone needs help
- Going through the Group Members list and removing members without profile pics, fake names, etc
- Going through Admin/Mod Activity. Quickly check posts/comments deleted and see if members need to be removed from the group.
- Scrolling through the groups to ensure posts aren’t breaking our rules.
- Being on the lookout in the groups for potential blog post material. If you see any potential blog post topics, please share them so we can get them written up for the blog!